- 6/7/2023Travel anxiety can ruin a road trip before you even leave the driveway. Many dogs love car travel, but for some dogs, this can be quite stressful.
- 5/31/2023Are you planning a holiday and looking forward to taking your dog with you? What an adventure!
Are you feeling apprehensive about taking a car journey with your dog? It's not uncommon for dogs to be nervous when travelling, but they can be trained to enjoy travelling more!
Weather will determine when clinical lungworm disease will be seen in herds. L3 can overwinter in the faecal pat and emerge when conditions are optimal >15-20°C can emerge as low as and damp/wet.
For dairy cattle with access to pastures, intestinal cattle worms, also called gastrointestinal nematodes, are still considered a major threat. But they are silent thieves as their presence frequently goes unnoticed by farmers.
- 3/10/2023MARCH IS THE OFFICIAL PET ANXIETY MONTH!
Find out more about Interchem's foal health webinar
Find out more about Interchem's calf rearing webinar
Find out more about Interchem's milk fever webinar.
It’s really exciting when you bring a new puppy home and can spend time playing and making a fuss of them with lots of cuddles! This is also the perfect time to start training your pal - and crate training is an important step to take together!
- 12/2/2022Dr. Lauren Popiolek, Interchem's Veterinary Advisor, talks about Bovine Respiratory Disease (BRD) treatment.
- 11/28/2022Oligovet Dry Cow bolus is a 90-day controlled-release bolus to be administered two months before calving to cover the cow through the dry cow transition, end of gestation, calving, and early lactation.
There are approx 3.2 million dogs in Ireland. There's been a massive serge in dog ownership since Covid. 50% of dogs suffer from anxiety around fireworks.
Interchem has extended its leading veterinary behaviour range, Adaptil, with the launch of Adaptil Chew, the new fast-calming chew for dogs.
Synchronisation can be implemented on most farms with simple planning to reduce labour and facilitate an efficient and profitable breeding season.
The cattle disease, which became known as Johne’s disease (pronounced yo-neez), is known to be caused by a bacteria called Mycobacterium paratuberculosis, also known as Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis, or MAP.
Colostrum is the first milk produced after a cow or heifer gives birth and is essential if a new born calf is to survive and thrive.
As calving season is upon us, now is the time to plan your calf rearing to ensure that calves get the best start and achieve target growth rates.
Coccidiosis is one of the most costly diseases in swine production.
Reduced weaning weights, prolonged recovery and weight loss together with treatment and labour expenses mean that Coccidiosis is a costly inconvenience for farmers and an uncomfortable experience for calves, but what is it and how do you tackle it on your farm?
Synchronised production flow is the golden key for unlocking your pig unit performance. There are two approaches to production flow management.
Calf scour accounts for 50% of calf deaths and is a costly problem in the rearing process. Losses from calf scour can mean decreased live weight gain which can lead to the heifer being older at its first serving/calving which delays profitability.
- 3/5/2022Hypothermia is a big killer in little lambs particularly in extreme weather conditions. However, warm boxes and administering a glucose injection can help boost lamb survival.
Iron reserves and require supplementation of iron for the prevention of anaemia and to build their immune system
- 3/1/2022Interchem Ireland bring you the fifth episode of Being Brilliant at the Basics. The series features well-known vet and media personality Tommy Heffernan as your guide. The focus of the series is to provide quick, easy to use tips for you on your farm.
Interchem (Ireland) Ltd. brings you Being Brilliant at the Basics. The series features well-known vet and media personality Tommy Heffernan as your guide. The focus of the series is to provide quick, easy to use tips for you on you farm.
- 2/26/2022Interchem Ireland and That’s Farming bring you the forth episode of Being Brilliant at the Basics. The series features well-known vet and media personality Tommy Heffernan as your guide. The focus of the series is to provide quick, easy to use tips for you on you farm.
Through their Pig HealthCheck programme, Animal Health Ireland are working on making changes to the National Pig Salmonella Control Programme in order to assist pig producers in reducing the Salmonella challenge on their pig units.
- 2/22/2022Interchem Ireland and That’s Farming bring you the third episode of Being Brilliant at the Basics. The series features well-known vet and media personality Tommy Heffernan as your guide. The focus of the series is to provide quick, easy to use tips for you on you farm.
- 2/19/2022Interchem Ireland and That’s Farming bring you the second episode of Being Brilliant at the Bascis. The series features well-known vet and media personality Tommy Heffernan as your guide. The focus of the series is to provide quick, easy to use tips for you on you farm.
- 2/15/2022Interchem Ireland and That’s Farming bring you the very first episode of Being Brilliant at the Bascis. The series features well-known vet and media personality Tommy Heffernan as your guide. The focus of the series is to provide quick, easy to use and implementable advice on taking care of your calf health.
Calves are extremely vulnerable in the first few weeks of life, once the calf is up and going it is vital to do a calf health check regularly to ensure that all is as it should be.
- 2/8/2022Nutritionally, milk replacer is designed to provide a consistent intake of vitamins and minerals tailored specially for the calf’s growth and nutritional needs.
A well-fed calf is better equipped to fight off the challenges that come with an immature immune system. Therefore, good calf nutrition can not be underestimated
The ability to stomach tube a calf is a necessity on any farm dealing with young calves. This process can be used to feed a new born calf colostrum, administer fluids that contain electrolytes or relieve bloated gas
Creating the optimum environment for your calves can be challenging. Calf jackets allow farmers to mitigate cold stress on young claves and give them the best start for the future.
Building a Future Together with VetHub - Online Event
As we begin the lambing season the challenge of managing and feeding orphan lambs needs to be considered.
The team at Interchem (Ireland) Ltd are delighted to launch a new online ordering system called VetHub. Click the title to read more.
Interchem has taken on Laura Bailey and Billy Farrell, 2 UCD 3rd year Food and Agribusiness Management students on their 28-week professional work experience. Click the title to read more.
By organizing and attending industry events, we like to share the most recent developments and opportunities related to integrated e-commerce. During these events you will get new ideas and meet experts in the industry who can talk about the opportunities and challenges of e-commerce. For an overview of the events, go to our website.
Sana texts and navigation trees will by default inherit from the default language. When installing a language pack there is no need any more to copy Sana texts and navigation trees from the default language to the installed language. With this improvement you can get online with a new language within seconds.
Our platform is certified for Microsoft Dynamics NAV & AX, which signifies that the solution has met Microsoft's highest standard for partner-developed software. By successfully meeting all certification requirements, our platform now carries the distinct certification.