Milk fever or clinical hypocalcaemia is a major threat on all farms. It affects up to one cow out of ten in dairy herds. Electro Pidolate Max prevents hypocalcaemia by improving the amount of calcium in the blood. Subclinical hypocalcaemia, which affects 25% of cows in their first lactation1, is not as well-known because it is not as obvious. However, it causes many health problems such as retained placenta, difficulty calving, metritis, ketosis, mastitis, reproduction disorders and a drop in production.
The Electro Pidolate Max bolus contains calcium pidolate and magnesium pidolate. Pidolate acid is a derivative of glutamic acid extracted from sugar beet. As a highly soluble salt, it guarantees excellent calcium bioavailability whatever the pH. Whatever the age or the health
status of an animal, the absorption of calcium in the form of calcium pidolate is 29% to 52% higher than from calcium in the form of other organic salt (Marchandise, 1987).
Benefits of the Electro Pidolate Max Bolus includes:
- Better recovery after calving2. Thanks to the faster recovert after calving the cow starts her lactation in better conditons.
- Regulation of calcaemia around calving2.
- Stimulates the milk production up to +30%3.
1. Reinhardt TA et al (Vet J. 2011 Apr;188(1):122-4)
2. BERTAUX veterinary thesis, Nantes 2011: Clinical test on 96 dairy cows from 2011 to 2013
3. BERTAUX F., PIN M., ZAOUI V. Assessment of the effect of Calcium pidolate on 30 dairy cows in 2011